Video recorded 1997:
Divas Are Forever
Live performances from the "Diamond Awards" show in Belgium and
from some stations of the Diamond awards tour, plus footage from the making
of the "History Repeating" Video and from an interview, that has been shown
in BBC TV.
In The UK this video reached the Top Ten music-video charts (or no. 12?).
Released on DVD too.
The definitive Shirley Bassey show.
Her latest performance filmed live in Antwerp, Belgium,
during the Diamond Awards Festival.
Featuring all of Shirley's blockbusting hits,
plus behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the original Bond Girl.
The times at the songs are the start- and end-times if
the cassette was completely rewinded. If the introduction on your cassette
is of a different length, you may need to add an offset. But they may be
helpful, to find a specific place on your cassette. (I'll add what Dame
Shirley told in the interview when I find the time.)
- Beginning, orchestra rehearses
- First Seconds of "Goldfinger" instrumental and Shirley comes onto the stage.
Shirley at the London Waterloo International railway station.
- Shirley welcomes the audience.
- Diamonds Are Forever
- Shirley's robe gets pressed.
Shirley calls for Andrew.
Interview with Shirley "The Belter".
- Kiss Me, Honey, Honey, Kiss Me
- Shirley at her hotel at the Tower Bridge.
Shirley gets prepared for the recording of the "History Repeating" video.
She calls for Andrew again. She never eats before singing.
Problems with her robe.
- Many sound checks for "History Repeating".
- Shirley calls for Andrew. She needs a drink and catches a sweet or a pill
with her mouth.
Shirley has problems with her shoes.
- A really angry cry of Shirley, you should hear.
- Shirley don't want to go through that any longer. She gives the team the
last chance: "If you don't get it right, that's it." She has been in the
gown already three hours.
- Last part of the "History Repeating" video. Shirley's ultimatum worked.
- Andrew lifts Shirley down from the platform because of her shoes and the
- Shirley in Antwerp again, announces Never, Never, Never.
- Never, Never, Never
- New York Medley
- Shirley in New York, Carnegie Hall
Ivana Trump and other fans before her concert there.
- Part of Big Spender
where Shirley pops her skirt.
- The Lady Is A Tramp
- Part of interview about standing ovations.
Shirley loves champagne together with friends.
Colin Green about his work together with Shirley.
The Boy From Ipanema.
- Atlantic City
- Look back at Shirley's management arranging the tour.
- As Long As He Needs Me
- The boards at Taj Mahal get prepared for Shirley after concert.
- A rehearsal of a part of "I Am What I Am"
- Shirley about her dresses.
- I (Who Have Nothing)
- Interview with Shirley wondering, how she makes the whole concert in one part.
- Universal Studios.
End of What Now My Love?.
Shirley behind the stage.
- AIDS benefit reception Los Angeles 1997, Shirley gives autographs.
- I Want To Know What Love Is
- Monte Carlo
- Interview with Shirley, about how she feels at the end of the tour.
- Shirley celebrates with friends (I don't know who they are). Making jokes.
Shirley whistles on her fingers.
- This Is My Life
- Shirley in the train to Antwerp. Shirley makes herself up using the camera
objective as mirror.
- Antwerp, in the background rehearsal of "Never, Never, Never".
- Rehearsal of the end of "Goldfinger".
- A very impressioning rehearsal of the end of "The Lady Is A Tramp".
- Shirley in her dressing room. Charlet, a little welsh girl gets three autographs.
(It is Charlotte Church, who has become a vocalist herself meanwhile.
Still a girl, she's already a famous soprano, see
- In concert. Someone asks for the song "My Way" but Shirley answers that
she lost that a long time ago (it's a real pity).
- I Wish You Love
- I Am What I Am
- Shirley gets diamonds as a present.
- End of her tour 1997.
[ Home ]
[ More videos ]
[ Important Notice ]
[ Contact Roman ]