WARNING: you should back up your system settings before you use SnoopyPro, or better, use a dedicated Windows installation for sniffing. One problem that might happen: after you run SnoopyPro and reboot, there is a duplicated printer and scanner device.
I'm not Windows expert. If the instruction below doesn't work, please feel free to correct me. :-) The instruction below is for Windows XP.
Download SnoopyPro and read the user guide.
You should close any program which can access the scanner.
Plug in your MP and turn it on.
Run SnoopyPro and start sniffing. (You need an account with administrator rights.) Follow the instruction in the user guide. The device name should look like "USB\Vid_04a9&Pid_1709&Rev_0104". (Here is the a list of PIDs. Look at the USB ID column. 4A9 is the VID and the hexadecimal value after 4A9 is the PID.). You will probably see 3 or more device names with the same VID and PID. Choose the device name without MI_xx (xx is a 2 digits value) at the end.
Read detailed status. Information I need is listed there. Use the scan dialog of Scangear (TWAIN), for example from MPNavigator or an image viewer or editor. Do not use WIA!
- Cancellation sequence
Set scan resolution to 75DPI, width to about 30 pixels, length to the maximum length.
Start scan and press CANCEL button on the scanner.
Scan again but this time click cancel button in Scangear.
- Insert 2 sheets of paper in the ADF.
- Use your favorite programm to scan these two sheets. Scan at 75 DPI. Do not set any limit of number of paper. Let the program scan until it detects no-paper condition.
- Grayscale and lineart mode
- Turn off all automatic color correction and image enhancement.
- Enable grayscale mode and set scan resolution to 75DPI, width to about 75 pixels, length to 59 pixels. Scan!
- Repeat the above step with lineart mode.
- TPU (for negative films and slides); TODO
Close any program you used in the last step.
Save the log file. It can be very big! Therefore compress it for example with ZIP.
Upload the file to the Internet and send me just the link. You should also write a short description about what you have done to get the log file. If you don't have web space, you can also email the log file to wittawat dot y at googlemail com.
PS: Wenn Sie möchten, können Sie mir auch auf Deutsch schreiben.
Back to homepage.